Thursday 5 December 2013

Day 68 - DIY homemade wreath

I've had a lot of fun working on this the last few days, I started the base on Tuesday evening, made simply of lollipop sticks. I covered the base with plaited string to give it depth and something I could sew onto. Then I ruffled strips of green tule and wrapped it around the centre of my star focusing on one quarter to build it up more. I stitched it in place in a few places adding some gold bells as I went. I cut the leaves from some scrap pleather donated from Natalie :) (Thanks Nat) and stitched them on too. After that it was a matter of foraging for pine cones, tying bows and adding a few fimo candy canes found in my studio, oh and some more bells :)

I've never actually had a wreath before so this is my first and I totally love it. Can't wait to see what Taz makes with hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment